Sunday, September 12, 2010

On The Water Front

"Oh where oh where has my well water gone?
Oh where oh where can it be?
The drillers were due this week
but no hide nor hair have I seen..."

After 8 weeks of no water, yours truly is now definitely over the edge.  For some insane reason, I thought water was included in the rent.  Silly me.  I guess I should be happy that the landlord put a "tank" in the driveway to provide us with water.  The water has been there unchanged for at least 2 weeks so I can assure you I won't be using that water to brush my teeth. Now do I not only have to run to the "tank" to get water to flush the Loo and water the house plants, I have to buy water to drink, cook and eat.  I boil the "tank" water to wash my dishes but I am tired of living on "Little House on the Prairie".  At this point, it is more like "Gilligan's Isle"...  "Lovey" (aka me/Mrs. Thurston Howel the III) is on the war path.  It is supposed to rain tonight, so I've got some pots and pans (and coconuts) out on the deck to collect water...

"Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water...
Jack fell down and broke his crown and Jill went after the landlord..."

No comments:

Post a Comment